Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That’s YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU.
This role is responsible for creating innovative marketing plans that will deliver sales, traffic and market share growth. Creating partnerships for customized marketing plans based on the unique trade area of each existing location. Partner and build relationships with Operations to create marketing plans based on local store opportunities. This position is expected to deliver results on time and within budget. Support brand goals and act as liaison to communicate marketing strategies for promotions, social media and CRM at local level.
This position will involve collaborating effectively with people at all talent levels and interacting with a diverse group of individuals and personalities to ensure the achievement of individual, functional, and organizational goals.
- Serves as Marketing business partner with Operations through remote support of marketing programs to achieve regional sales and profitability goals.
- Ability to provide guidance and partnership on culinary and beverage strategies for the brand
- Supports local store marketing opportunity response efforts through remote consultation, coordination and fulfillment and on-site support as needed to drive regional sales and profitability goals.
- Ability to pull data from central data systems, interpret and provide informed data-based recommendations and analysis.
- Ability to understand trade area market dynamics and create tailored marketing plans that grow market share. Tracks and measures results, revise as needed to achieve goals.
- Responsible for tracking and managing local spend against results.
- Initiates and manages local store creative requests.
- Provides marketing expertise and educates store management teams to help them plan and execute trade area marketing and community outreach.
- Conducts research to understand market dynamics and trade area opportunities for assigned markets
- Develops tools and programs to be deployed for LSM. Communicates and trains operations on programs and share best practices and results.
- Provides Operations leaders with the marketing tools, materials, and training necessary to successfully execute national promotions and pre-determined marketing programs. Maintains constant communication with Operations leaders within the Region.
- Identifies local media opportunities and makes recommendation on strategy. Provides feedback and results on media campaigns to determine success.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to independently make decisions
- Detailed-oriented, strong organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to function in very fast-paced environment and growing organization
- Available to travel (30%) , which may include weekends
- Self-starter with great attitude, flexibility, coachable and entrepreneurial spirit
- Must possess strong project management, mentoring, coaching and communication skills
- Agile and adaptable who embraces ownership and accountability
- Provide constructive feedback to Operations team, Marketing Team, Agencies
- Proven track record for managing local marketing efforts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; command of the English language
Education and Training
- Bar/restaurant or fast-paced retail Operations experience preferred
- Bachelor’s level degree preferred in Advertising, Marketing, Restaurant & Hotel Management, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of leading a marketing team and/or restaurant project management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Social media knowledge and ability to advise Operations on social tactics and strategies
Basic Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, talk via Cloud Based video conferencing and the phone, hear and manipulate objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.