At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That’s YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU.
As a Director of Operations at Bar Louie – your number one focus is serving our guests and our Team Members (TMS). The safety, security, and wellbeing of our managers, TMs, Guests, and Company assets is your passion. You have the "hospitality gene" and genuinely care about people. Your style is fun but extremely focused and always professional. You have confidence, and we support freedom that allows you to express your unique personality. BUT – you always lead within the Framework we have provided – never cutting corners and never allowing your bars to cut corners either. As a member of Bar Louie's leadership team, you are charged with driving profitable sales within all your gastrobar's. You do this by adapting your leadership style to ensure you are getting consistently high performance from your teams. Speaking of team – you know how to attract; hire; onboard; train and retain a GREAT Team. You enjoy being busy, and your leadership brings to life Bar Louie's values for every Team Members and each of our Guests. Brunch, Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner, or Late Night – you inspire our TMs and Guests to keep coming back – because they experienced the best this fantastic brand has to offer. They are all loyal to Bar Louie, and they are dedicated to YOU.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the delivery of the outstanding guest experience, culinary operations, labor scheduling, inventory management, restaurant marketing, and restaurant P&L
- Plan, identify, communicate, and delegate responsibilities throughout the market to ensure excellent operations are consistently achieved
- Lead the market in the implementation of company initiatives
- Constantly review area operations and related reports to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement and implement solutions
- Manage the area P&L by tracking expenses vs. annual budget, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action
- Ensure the market follows all Bar Louie policies and procedures
- Develop area succession plan by evaluating open opportunities, assessing internal talent, and leading recruiting efforts
- Provide coaching and feedback to restaurant managers and evaluate performance on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with bar managers to set personal development goals to build their skills and abilities for career progression.
- Create a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and restaurant accomplishments
- Challenge and inspire bar management teams to achieve business results
- Coach bar managers in team member recruiting, development, performance management, and retention to ensure the bar is adequately staffed, turnover goals are met, and succession planning is in place
- Lead the area with Integrity and knowledge that promotes Bar Louie's Mission Vision & Values
Skills and abilities
A successful Director of Operations is not looking for a Monday thru Friday desk job where you are at a computer all day. A Director of ops at Bar Louie thrives on engagement with people, food, and beverages. Our directors know how to set their bars up to throw a great party any time of day. Between administrative work, our growing delivery business, and 5 distinct Day Parts – our directors are busy orchestrating and organizing the communication to the bars! If you thrive while leading in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, welcome to Bar Louie
Education and training
- High school diploma or equivalent and be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Associates or Bachelors' degree preferred.
- 5-7 years' hospitality or restaurant experience with strong interest and knowledge of food service required.
- 2-3 years experience in elevated operations leadership role with demonstrated results strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team Members, and Guests.
- The ability to coach and develop people at all experience levels to succeed within their role.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with support services, Team Members, and Managers.
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly efficient, detail-oriented, focus on accuracy and organization.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Famous for your hospitality.
- The ability and desire to pursue constant improvement and personal growth.
- Presents a professional, business-like image while representing Bar Louie.
- Proficient in POS Systems; Inventory Systems, and Microsoft Office software products.
Basic physical requirements
When working at a gastrobar location, Team Member must be able to perform the duties of that location. These requirements may include: Lifting up to 10 (ten) pounds constantly and up to 50 (fifty) pounds as required. Lifting from floor to shoulder constantly and overhead infrequently. Twisting and reaching frequently. Grasping objects to move or manipulate constantly. Working in alternatively hot or cold environments for extended periods of time. May inadvertently bump into team members in a relatively small work area. Will stand and walk for extended periods of time. FREQUENT hand washing and sanitation is required. Ability to use knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment. Team Member must be able to communicate with Guests and other Team Members and manipulate handheld and desktop devices.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.