Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our PEOPLE (That’s YOU), our Fans & our Company. While we are fiercely committed to a foundation of daily routines, policies and practices that ensure we stay Safe, Healthy and Compliant with all regulations and laws – we also celebrate thinking differently and creating the WOW in the work we do each day. We call this Freedom within a Framework and it allows us to be consistent as a brand while also pursuing continuous improvement. Whether we are collaborating with others or completing a task alone, Integrity is key and a non-negotiable. And though we are always busy and constantly changing – we also strive to show empathy and to have a lot of FUN every single day. Bar Louie offers a culture that is as diverse and unique as YOU.
We are seeking a tech-savvy individual to be responsible for providing technical assistance with computer systems, hardware, and software. As the Help Desk Technician, you will be responsible for responding to queries and offering technical support while utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Help Desk Technician will be the first point of contact in providing customer service, technical support, and incident resolution. This individual must be able to identify, isolate, analyze, and resolve issues of varying technical difficulty as well as escalate high-priority service interruptions using sound incident management and customer service practices.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance via helpdesk (Zendesk), the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Perform basic system administration functions including user account maintenance (activate/inactivate accounts, reset passwords, etc.)
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel or vendor.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Identify effective solutions and offer explanations to customers and employees.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Provide a positive customer service experience in potentially high stress situations.
Education and Training
- A bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- A strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- An openness to learning new technologies.
- Must be available to cover on-call rotation two weekends a month.
- Experience with computer hardware and networking, A+, or CompTIA, Network +, preferred but not mandatory depending on experience level.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
Basic Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, talk via Cloud Based video conferencing and the phone, hear and manipulate objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.